10 December 2008

Music, books and love…in a time of recession

The other day, while speaking to a friend, I learned, how the present economic slowdown has affected our lives in more ways than one…Apart from the financial crunch which we all seem to be struggling with i.e eating-out less, cutting down on movies as well as the habitual splurges - here’s what a few of my friends/acquaintances, who have either received the dreaded pink slip, or are sitting idle in office are up to these days.

Vikram – is learning photography and writing more.

Ritika – is detoxing somewhere near the turquoise shores of Thailand. Her new found interests post-the job loss, includes, yoga and reading books on spirituality.

Varun – has found “true love”…(wonder whether the girl shares the same sentiment though??)

Atul – is helping his wife with cooking these days…(my thumbs-up for that!!!)

Prachi – is seriously contemplating taking up music, her first love, as a full-time career option.

***All names have been changed to protect privacy of the individuals.

1 comment:

Badur Babu said...

Thankfully, I didn't get the pink slip, but yes, I have a lot of time to myself now due to the Global meltdown. Business has shrunk which gives me more time to surf the net, that too during office hours :)

The recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai have stalled all my business trips. So I am currently having a lot of time to myself, which in a way in a welcome change after that super hectic schedule I had to follow month after month.

I think I shall now pursue my interest in photography with much more zeal and probably improve my photoblog.

Helping my wife in her cooking ? Naah !! I am not cut out for that. Kudos to your friend for that !