06 April 2008

Dollops of ghee.....served with love!!!

Glorious, luxurious, magnanimous- I am still recovering from my recent visit to Amritsar. After a fulfilling visit to the peaceful Golden Temple, we took an auto to navigate our way through crowded roads, lanes and by lanes in our mission to find the best paranthas, delicious chicken tikka, rich lassi, crispy jalebi...(Ok, stop now, I can hear telling myself!!)
The love of a true-blue Punjabi for his guest is reflected in the quantity of food (mostly laden with dollops of ghee) he offers and kind of forces them to eat. We met many such jaunty restaurant owners, who loved food and loved it even more to watch their guests relish.

P.S: My gym instructor fails to understand how on earth I could possibly put on those 3 kilos in 3 days....the love of my Punjabi hosts is indeed showing!!!

No comments: